What is netZero Village?
netZero Village is an exciting, ground-breaking, state-of-the-art, eco-friendly, “net-zero” apartment community located at 994 Burdeck St. in Rotterdam NY. netZero Village utilizes the latest in renewable and energy-efficiency technologies to meet or exceed all of the energy needs of the community.
Our Mission and Luxury Apartment Complex
Our mission is to prove that “net zero” apartment communities can be built that are affordable while not sacrificing luxury or comfort. For almost 3 years, our team of engineers and experts worked on the design and planning of this community. We are proud that netZero Village is the culmination of that effort. We are hoping this project is an inspiration for other developers to embrace energy efficient developments.
Why? – Energy, Homes and the Planet
Operation of homes and buildings is a very significant part of our overall carbon footprint on the planet. It is estimated that 40% of all energy consumption of the US is consumed by buildings.* According to most scientists, carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions are the main human contributors to climate change – one of the defining issues of our time. Buildings generate carbon dioxide in a number of ways. This includes the burning of fossil fuel for space heating, for creating hot water and to make electricity needed to keep the lights lit and to run appliances in our homes. The burning of these fuels isn’t the only impact on the environment. Oil and natural gas drilling (in some areas fracking), coal mining and the transportation of energy to the point of use can have significant environmental impacts as well. In addition to the environmental impacts of fossil fuels, there are security concerns with imported fuels. Continuing regional conflicts in the areas that these fuels are extracted lead to volatile pricing and economic insecurity. Reducing dependence on imported energy is a sure way to increase our energy and economic security over the long-term.
Just imagine the positive impact if housing could be built that was so efficient, that all of its energy needs could be met by the renewable power of the sun. The netZero Village project was built to prove this is possible.
* According to the US Energy Information Adminstration
What does ‘net zero’ mean?
A “net zero” community is one that, on an annual basis, produces as much or more energy than it consumes. In the case of netZero Village, all of this energy is produced from the free power of the sun.
How is ‘net zero’ achieved?
The “net zero” goal is achieved through highly engineered buildings using the latest in proven, energy-efficiency technologies combined with harvesting the free and renewable power of the sun. Energy from the sun is harnessed in three ways: 1) by photovoltaic solar panels that convert the sun’s energy directly into electricity, 2) by solar thermal panels that use the sun’s energy to heat water for the domestic hot water system and 3) by the passive solar design of the buildings where the suns rays heat the interior of the apartments during the winter months.
What are the apartments like?
The apartments have all the luxury amenities one comes to expect in a modern apartment including washer and dryer in the unit, central AC, dishwasher, built in microwave, covered parking, etc. The community is a mix of 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 1 and 2 bedroom plus study apartments ranging in size from approximately 790 to 1,093 square feet. Other community features include walking trails, community gardens, an athletic field, provisions for electric vehicle charging and access to public transportation.
Why should I choose netZero Village as my home?
netZero Village is the future of housing that offers you significant advantages to the run-of-the-mill apartments that are being built today. These advantages include:
- Environment: Help the environment, combat global warming and increase the energy security of the country by choosing a home that has a minimal carbon footprint and does not consume precious natural resources. Feel good about where you live without sacrificing the amenities and features you deserve.
- Savings: Save money by living in a community that leverages the free energy of the sun for your benefit and that of the planet. Enjoy the convenience of one monthy “all-inclusive” rent payment. No longer worry about increasing energy costs or shocking winter heating bills. One monthly payment covers ALL utilities including heat, air-conditioning, hot water, electricity, internet, and a basic TV package.
- Comfort: Enjoy all the modern conveniences and amenities of a luxury apartment complex without the impact on the environment. Breath the continuous fresh air supplied to our apartments. Our apartments are both EnergyStar and EPA Indoor AirPLUS certified. Feel the superior, draft-free construction and unmatched indoor air quality through the use of low VOC materials and finishes.
- Innovation: Through cutting-edge technologies and innovative design, netZero Village is the future of housing, today. Be a part of something special and cutting-edge. Join the movement of sustainable apartment living and make netZero Village your home!
We encourage you to browse our website and learn more about this exciting new community. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.